- As the name suggests both the bikes have 199.5cc, single cylinder four stroke liquid-cooling technology engines.
- RS 200 yields max power of 24.16 bhp @ 9750 rpm whereas NS 200 gives 23.17 bhp @ 9500 rpm.
- The max torque factor for RS 200 would be 18.6 Nm @ 8000 rpm whereas in NS 200 it is 18.3 Nm @ 8000 rpm. It is almost similar.
- The fuel delivery in RS 200 is done via Fuel Injection system whereas in NS 200 it is carburettor technology.
- The fuel tank capacity for RS 200 is 13litres as compared to the NS 200 which has a slightly lesser capacity. The reserve fuel capacity is same for both the variants.
- Both bikes give the same mileage which is around 35 kmpl.
- Talking about the weight of the machine- RS weighs about 165 kgs and the NS weighs around 152 kgs.
- The length of the RS variant is 1999mm with 765 mm width and 1114 mm of height. The NS, however, measures 2017 mm in length with 804mm of width and 1075 mm of height.
- The wheelbase for RS is 1355mm whereas NS has a wheelbase of 1363mm.
- The RS has a slightly lower ground clearance of 157 mm and seat height of 810 mm, however, NS has 167 mm of ground clearance and seat height of 805 mm.
- Both the bikes have pressed steel perimeter frame type of chassis with telescopic anti-friction bush type of front suspension. The rear suspension has nitrox mono shock absorber with canister.
- For RS both the front and rear tyre have disc ABS system whereas NS is characterized by petal disc with floating calliper type brake system.
- Both the bikes have alloy wheels with 17 inches of width. The front tyre specs would be 100/80-17" 52 P Tubeless and rear tyre of 130/70-17" 62 P Tubeless for both the bikes.
- Talking about the headlight, the RS features a 55 W Low Beam Projector and 65 W High Beam Projector whereas NS sports a H4 BLUE TINGE (12V 55/60W). The tail light is crystal LED in RS and only LED in NS.
- Both the bikes have BSIV engine with digital speedometer and analogue tachometer.
- The ABS enabled RS is priced at rs.1.33 Lakh approximately and the NS has priced at rs.1.18 Lakh.
Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 and NS 200- a comparative overview
May 25, 2018
Bajaj Pulsar has been one of the most extensively sold products of the company. It has recorded an increase in the sale of 23% in February 2018 over the last year. There has been an increase in the number of exports too. Pulsar RS 200 was the first among the Pulsar range to be equipped with ABS technology and it was released a few years back. Pulsar NS 200 is more of a recent launch and comes with the same ABS technology. The outlook, specs and price range of Pulsar makes it one of the most interesting buys among all age group of customers.There are a lot of similarities as well as differences between these two. Let us have an overview of both the bikes.