Fuel proficiency is one of the most important factors that drive the Indian customers, with regards to purchasing an automobile. So here's our rundown of the 10 most fuel efficient cars present at an affordable price in India.
For some customers in the nation, the cost and mileage factors are more imperative than highlights and specifications. Picking a car with a decent mileage can definitely lessen the aggregate cost of maintenance. While new car purchasers, for the most part, favor a diesel auto with a decent mileage over a petrol one, mainly due to the higher rate of petrol in the oil market, it must be noticed that makers have gradually introduced good fuel economic cars on most brand models as well.
Despite the fact that this rundown depends on the figures cited by ARAI, they don't reflect genuine effectiveness in terms of fuel efficiency as those tests are led in the lab under perfect conditions. Be that as it may, we have included figures from our complete street tests and user reports of these models.
1. Maruti Suzuki Celerio: This car gives a mileage of 27.9kmpl and is diesel-powered. Celerio was termed as one of the most fuel-efficient cars in the country.
- Mileage: Petrol - 23.1kmpl | Diesel - 27.6kmpl
- Price: Rs 4.05 – 5.26 lakh
2. Maruti Suzuki Dzire: The all-new Dzire that was launched recently is among the most fuel efficent sedans in the country. It gives a mileage of roughly 28.40km to the litre.
- Mileage: Petrol – 22.0kmpl | Diesel – 28.4kmpl
- Price: Rs 5.45 – 9.41 lakh
3. Honda Jazz: This car has petrol motor and has one of the most advanced engines; the diesel engine with an ARAI-rated fuel efficiency of 27.30kmpl is the one to go for if mileage and cost of ownership are your priority.
- Mileage: Petrol- 18.7kmpl | Diesel- 27.30kmpl
4. Ford Aspire: The Ford Aspire can be brought with two engine variants - a 1.2-litre petrol and a 1.5-litre diesel engine. The petrol variant retu
s a decent fuel efficiency figure of 18.16kmpl while the diesel retu
s a mighty 25.83kmpl.
- Mileage: Petrol – 18.16kmpl | Diesel – 25.83kmpl
- Price: Rs 5.45 – 8.29 lakh.
5. Datsun RediGo 1.0: This engine offers 67 bhp power at 5,500 rpm and 91 Nm torque at 4,250 rpm mated to a 5 speed manual transmission.
- Mileage– 22.5 kmpl.
- Price – INR 3.86 lakhs
6. Tata Nano GenX: The engine that is capable of a top speed of 80 kmph is fuel efficient to the extent of 23.60 kmpl as per ARAI certifications.
- Mileage– 23.60 kmpl.
- Price – INR 2.87 lakhs
7. Tata Tiago: Tata Tiago launched in the compact hatchback segment in 2016 is also a highly fuel efficient car that is also regaled for its good exterior design, quality interiors and efficient ride and handling.
- Mileage– 23.84 kmpl.
- Price INR 3.37-5.95 lakhs
8. Honda Amaze: It has recently received a facelift – Honda armed it with sharper looks and better features, making the Amaze an even greater value proposition.
- Mileage 25.8 kmpl
- Price INR 7.17-8.35 lakhs
9. Datsun RediGo 800: Featuring among some of the best mileage petrol cars in the country, the Datsun RediGo is powered by a 799cc petrol engine that offers 54 PS peak power at 5,678 rpm and 72 Nm peak torque at 4,386 rpm mated to a 5 speed manual transmission. ARAI certifies fuel efficiency of 25.17 kmpl.
- Mileage– 25.17 kmpl
- Price – INR 2.39 – 3.96 lakhs
10. Maruti Alto 800: Maruti Alto 800 is powered by a 796cc, 3 cylinder petrol engine developing 47 bhp power at 6,000 rpm and 69 Nm torque at 3,500 rpm mated to a 5 speed manual gearbox.
- Mileage– 24.70 kmpl
- Price – INR 2.78 – 4.15 lakhs