.• The new i20 will come with two petrol engine options and a diesel engine.
.• Introduces the new Hyundai i20 in four models: Magna, Sportz, Asta, and Asta (O)
.• It has a completely new design and is equipped with all new equipment.
• Prices are introductory until December 31, 2020.
|1.2-litre petrol MT||Rs 6.79 lakh||Rs 7.60 lakh||Rs 8.70 lakh||Rs 9.20 lakh|
|1.2-litre petrol CVT||Rs 8.60 lakh||Rs 9.70 lakh|
|1.0-litre iMT||Rs 8.80 lakh||Rs 9.90 lakh|
|1.0-litre DCT||Rs 10.67 lakh||Rs 11.18 lakh|
|1.5-litre diesel MT||Rs 8.20 lakh||Rs 9 lakh||Rs 10.60 lakh|
New Hyundai i20 engines
In terms of mechanics, the third-generation Hyundai i20 is offered in India with two options of petrol engines and a diesel engine.
• The petrol units in question will be 1.2-litre naturally aspirated petrol, with a power of 83 hp and 115 Nm of torque. There is also a 1.0-litre turbocharged petrol engine that produces 120 hp and 172 Nm of torque.
In terms of gearbox options, the 1.2-litre engine will come with the option of a five-speed manual transmission and a CVT automatic gearbox (which has 88 more horsepower than the manual). While the 1.0-litre engine will come with a 7-speed DCT automatic gearbox (as in the Venue) and an iMT (clutchless manual) gearbox.
• The diesel engine in question is a 100 hp 1.5-liter four-cylinder unit also in place. As of now, Hyundai only equips the engine with a 6-speed manual gearbox in the new i20.
• The ARAI mileage of the 1.2-litre petrol engine is 20.35 kpl with a manual gearbox and 19.65 kL with the CVT boot, while the 1.0-litre turbo petrol produces 20.25 kpl with any gearbox option. The 1.5L diesel manual has a 25.2kL fuel efficiency rating.
New Hyundai i20 design
• As for the new i20 design, it is sportier and sharper than the Elite i20 it replaces. Hyundai has also benefited from the "sporty sensuality" design language in the new i20. This has resulted in a new, wider cascading grille design, a new headlight and DRL design, as well as new taillights with angular Z-shaped, LED inserts.
• The Korean automaker will also offer the new i20 in six colour options: Polar White, Typhoon Silver, Titan Gray, Fiery Red, Starry Night, and Metallic Copper. In addition, the i20 is also available in two colours: arctic white with a black roof and fiery red with a black roof.
Features of the new Hyundai i20
• Hyundai equipped the new i20 with features. The high-spec Asta (O) comes with a 10.25-inch touchscreen infotainment system with Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and Hyundai's BlueLink functions. This model also has a digital instrument cluster, a 7-speaker Bose sound system, a sunroof, a cordless phone charger, ambient lighting, and more.
• The new i20 also has a number of safety features, including 6 airbags, ABS with EBD, electronic stability control, vehicle stability management, and hill start assist, to name a few.
• Hyundai also offers a luxury hatchback with up to a 5-year warranty with the "Wonder" warranty package, 3-year Roadside Assistance (RSA), and a 3-year subscription to BlueLink connected technology.
Like its predecessor, the new Hyundai i20 will compete in the luxury hatchback segment in India. This means that it will compete with Tata Altroz, Maruti Suzuki Baleno, Toyota Glanza, Volkswagen Polo and Honda Jazz.
READ MORE: The upcoming Tata Altroz Turbo will face the new Hyundai i20