The notion of holding an Indian Auto Expo was considered in 1985 with 1986 seeing New Delhi introduce a first of its types of a show for all things automotive. The event was exceptionally successful and consequently, the right decision was made to make it a reprise occasion.
Take a look at some of the Auto Expo’s most imperative climaxes over the years and what to suppose from the approaching event fixed to be organized in February 2016.
1985: Outset of the Delhi Auto Expo
In 1985, the concept of presenting an automotive description was considered as an indispensable tool for the Indian motorized industry to look and learn about contemporary engineering and innovative technologies industrialized by well-known companies in the international automobile and component manufacturing business.
1986: 1st Delhi Auto Expo
– The concept of India’s first-growing Auto Expo finally approached to execution in January 1986.
– The event was held by the Confederation of Indian Industry (CII), Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers (SIAM), and the Automotive Component Manufacturers Association (ACMA)
1993: 2nd Delhi Auto Expo
– The 2nd Delhi Auto Expo held almost 6 years to establish as the Indian automotive manufacturing wasn’t pretty set for a more numerous show
– 7 foreign nations partook at the 1993 Auto Expo which was initiated by then Finance Minister, Dr. Manmohan Singh
1996: 3rd Delhi Auto Expo
– It moved to be an imperative year because the Auto Expo had become the ideal platform for giant players such as Hyundai, Daewoo, Ford, Honda, etc. to blastoff new products
1998: 4th Delhi Auto Expo
1998 was the exact year when the Delhi Auto Expo rightfully became one of the world’s most significant auto exhibitions.
– It was the initial year that it gathered the status of being Asia’s leading auto show
– The emphasis of the 1998 Auto Expo was on small cars which comprised the launch of manufacture prepared varieties of the Hyundai Santro, Tata Indica and Daewoo Matiz
Other prevalent cars that were on show comprise the Honda City, Tata Safari, Maruti Suzuki Zen, Daewoo Cielo, Mitsubishi Lancer, Ford Ikon, Skoda Felicia, and the Honda FCX Concept – Version 1
– The event also perceived the first entrance of indigenous automotive design house, DC Design
2000: 5th Delhi Auto Expo
– The 2000 Delhi Auto Expo watched the number of shows crossing the 1000 get for the first time
– 25 new automobiles were hurled
– It was also the leading Delhi Auto Expo to have a superior environment-centric platform named the Green Pavillion
2002: 6th Delhi Auto Expo
– The 2002 Delhi Auto Expo was fixated on road safety and featured exceptional rotundas for showing protection and road manufacturing pieces of machinery. A substitute fuels building was also showing which purchased emphasis on ecological concerns.
– The buildings that dragged the major troops included those of Mercedes Benz and BMW which featured the new 7-Series and the M-Class SUV correspondingly amongst a host of other striking products
2004: 7th Delhi Auto Expo
– The 2004 Delhi Auto Expo presented 840 Indian and 120 foreign enterprises
– The expo showcased the might of the Indian auto industry in the fields of environmental impact, safety, design, electronics, and energy conservation amongst other coming-gen types of machinery
2006: 8th Delhi Auto Expo
– The event was separated into in a different way themed pavilion such as commercial automobiles, 2-wheelers, alternative oils, design and styling, and many more.
– It was also the first expo to showcase the vehicle simulators
2008: 9th Delhi Auto Expo
– The 9th biennial Delhi Auto Expo got a footfall of 1.8 million and produced Rs 20,000 crore value of the business
– 2000 exhibitors displayed comprising 65 industrialists and over 1,900 component companies
2010: 10th Delhi Auto Expo
– The 2010 Silver Jubilee Delhi Auto Expo was appeared by media descriptive from almost 20 nations
2012: 11th Delhi Auto Expo
– The 11th version of the Delhi Auto Expo perceived the introduction of 50 cars, 10 of which were international presentations, and 20 two-wheelers
2016: 13th Delhi Auto Expo
– The 13th Delhi Auto Expo will be organized at its new place in Greater Noida between 5-9 February 2016.
Also, the cars stated above, some of the most vital unveilings will comprise the Volkswagen’s sub-4 meter Compact Sedan that is based on the Polo, Honda BR-V compact-SUV which will race in the red-hot compact SUV segment contrary to the enjoys of the Renault Duster and Hyundai Creta, and the innovative Toyota Innova.