Seeing a high success rate of previous versions motorcycles produced by Triumph Motorcycles, the company is set to provide the users with a new version named Triumph Speed Triple. It is part of the series produced by the company which has been in the market since 1994. The company started with reborn Hinkley Triumph which was the first production to embrace an all-new version of the style named streetfighter.
Ignoring the looks of same, the bike is a refined machine and has well-balanced characteristics, making the journey comfortable in the real world. The model is considered to be powerful, light-weighted with loads of power, sharper and wilder than the previous versions produced by Triumph Motorcycles.
The Triumph Speed Triple is considered to be more lean and agile as because of the new twin-tube and twin-spar frame chassis. The look of it is very aggressive giving the same muscular look. Just like every restyling gets something new, the Triumph Speed Triple bodywork became minimal and stripped down. Handlebars are low to give the rider a position where they can lean forward and the headlamps have been replaced with pentagonal black ones. The bike is said to be ergonomic than the previous version.
The bike comes with few aids (including ABS) for the electronic rider. It has a trip computer, fuel gauge, lap timer, a reminder of service interval, gear changing lights (a part of an analogue instrument cluster). The part of both analogue and digital makes the bike perfect.
The Triumph Speed Triple ABS is powered by a liquid-cooled 3 cylinders with 1050 cc engine. This helps to get 133bhp and 111Nm Torque. Six-speed manual gearbox with wet multi-plate clutch is connected with the fuel-injected unit. The same is also connected to a lightweight three-into-two exhaust system.
The bike comes along with colours which the customer can choose. The colour choices are between two- matt Caspian blue and crystal white. Competitors which are close enough to Triumph Speed Triple are the Kawasaki Z1000, Yamaha FZ1 and Honda CB1000R.
Even after such great features, the Triumph Speed Triple is said to have been lost among litre-class naked. The price of the bike was good enough to appeal its buyers, but it failed to do so. The output of the power of the bike is said to be similar to its Japanese counterparts, which looks and feels like a real big bike. The main problem with the bike was that it shares its styling and design with the Street Triple.
The Triumph Speed Triple has a displacement of 1050 cc with a mileage offering of 17 Kmpl. The bike weight is said to be 214 kgs and colour variants as Crystal white, Diablo Red, Phantom Blac.
- Crystal white
- Diablo Red
- Phantom Blac
Engine and transmission features
- The bike has a displacement as read above as 1050 cc with 3 cylinders.
- The maximum power and Torque of the Triumph Speed Triple is 133 bhp @ 9400 rpm and 111 Nm @ 7750 rpm.
- The bore of Triumph Speed Triple is 79 mm with stroke as 71 mm.
- There are in total of 4 valves per cylinder.
- The fuel delivery system is said to be well equipped with Fuel injection with SAI, which uses fuel type as Petrol.
- Ignite is all about Digital CDI.
- The spark plugs are 1 per cylinder and the cooling system used is liquid-cooled.
- There are in total of 6 gears and the gearbox type is manual.
- The transmission type is chain driven and the clutch is wet, multi-plate.
Brakes, wheel and suspension features
- The Front, as well as the Rear brake type, is Disc.
- The Front brake size is 320 mm while the Rear brake size is 255 mm.
- The Calliper type is Brembo 4-piston with 4-pad radial callipers.
- There are radial tyres used in Triumph Speed Triple.
- The tube type is tubeless with wheel types as that of alloy.
- The Front wheel size is 17 inches while the Front tyre size is 120/70 ZR 17 with Rear tyre size as 190/55 ZR 17.
- The bike offers a front suspension of 43 mm upside-down forks (comes with totally adjustable rebound)
- The Rear suspension is that of Monoshock with the preload which is adjustable.
Dimensions and chassis Features
- The kerb weight of a bike is 214 kgs.
- The overall length, width and height of the bike is, 2100 mm, 795 mm and 1110 mm.
- The wheelbase of the bike is 1435 mm and the ground clearance exists as 165 mm.
- The seat height offered in Triumph Speed Triple is 825 mm.
- Talking about the chassis type the same is aluminium beam twin-spar.
Fuel efficiency and performance details
- The Speedometer is Digital with Tachometer as analogue with Tripmeter Type as Digital.
- There is a fuel gauge on the bike with Pillion footrest and a digital fuel gauge.
- The bike has a start type of Electric start with no shift light, but a standing alarm in there.
- The stepped seat is yes and there are no. of tripmeters as 2.
- There is a low fuel indicator together with a low oil indicator and low battery indicator, with no pillion backrest.
- There is also Pillion Grabrail and pillion seat.
- There is an antilock braking system in a bike and a clock.
- The electric system has 12V DC.
- There is battery maintenance which is free of cost.
- The headlight type is a multi-reflector type.
- The headlight Bulb type is 55/60 W, with brake/Tail Light as LED Tail Lamp.
- There is a turn signal as well as pass light.
The Triumph Speed Triple has a price of INR 11,30,747 (ex-showroom) with a variant having speed triple ABS standard. The bike also has alloy wheels and Disk brakes.
Some of the competitors which are similar to this bike are Ducati Hypermotard 939, Ducati Scrambler 1100, Triumph Scrambler 1200, Ducati Hypermotard 950, Ducati Hypermotard 939, the Aprilia Shiver 900, Triumph Bonneville Speedmaster, Harley-Davidson Roadster, Harley-Davidson forty-eight Speedmaster, etc.