The Department of Road Transport and Highways (MoRTH) has issued a circular announcing that certain services related to the driver's license and registration certificate can now be availed online. This means that from now on, by using Aadhaar verification, on a voluntary basis, anyone can renew their driving license, obtain duplicate RC and similar services, without visiting the regional transport office or RTO. The goal here is to simplify the process and make services simple and contactless for citizens. Currently, the ministry offers about 18 contactless services.
MoRTH India stated in its circular that it has received all approvals from the Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology to use digital platforms to ensure good gove
ance. People who want to use online services will need to undergo Aadhar Verification. The ministry also said it will make all the necessary arrangements for widespread publicity through the media and individual ads to educate citizens on Aadhar's requirements to use contactless services through implementing agencies.
Also Read: NHAI removes minimum balance requirement in FasTag wallet
MoRTH India said, "This will reduce the compliance burden on citizens, helping them to avail these services in a hassle-free, contactless manner. This will also reduce the footfall in the RTO office, which will further increase the efficiency of the RTO offices as well."
Certain services regarding Driving License and Certificate of Registration have been made completely online. Now these services can be availed without going to RTO. With Aadhaar authentication, on voluntary basis, anyone can get the benefit of these contactless services. pic.twitter.com/UBBvbbsGfG
— MORTHINDIA (@MORTHIndia) March 4, 2021
The online services have come into effect from March 3, 2021, and all the 18 contactless services the people can enjoy after undergoing Aadhar authentication are as follows.
- Renewal of Driving License for which test of competence to drive is not required.
- Duplicate Driving License.
- Change of Address in Driving License and Certificate of Registration.
- Issue of Inte
ational Driving Permit.
- Surrender of Class of Vehicle from License.
- Application for Temporary Registration of the motor vehicle.
- Application for Registration of motor vehicle with a fully built body.
- Application for issue of duplicate Certificate of Registration.
- Application for Grant of NOC for Certificate of Registration.
- Notice of Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
- Application for Transfer of Ownership of motor vehicle.
- Intimation of Change of Address in Certificate of Registration.
- Application for registration for driver training from Accredited Driver training center.
- Application for registration of motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer.
- Application for assignment of Fresh Registration Mark of a motor vehicle of Diplomatic Officer.
- Endorsement of hire-purchase agreement.
- Termination of hire-purchase agreement.
Also Read: Nitin Gadkari Introduces India’s First Retrofitted CNG Tractor